Monday, January 16, 2012

Grilled Cheese with Guacamole

I had some leftover guac from yesterday's fiesta... so I decided to make a grilled cheese with guac. I vaguely remember reading it in a mag awhile ago. It sounds like an odd combo, but it is amazing!

Grilled Cheese with Guacamole

Bread of your liking (I used french loaf and cut it into slices, but wheat, white, rye, whatever!)
Butter for the bread
Sliced cheese (again, use whatever you love! I tried it with cheddar, yum!)
Tomato
Left over guac (see guac recipe from yesterday if you are making fresh!)

*cater the quantities to however many sandwiches you are making

1. Heat up your pan or griddle to about medium heat.

2.  Butter the bread. I usually lay one slice down, then the cheese, spread with the guac, top with tomatoes, more guac, another piece of cheese, and the last slice of bread.  You can also assemble the sandwich before placing it on the heat, whatever is easiest for you! Flip with turner until golden brown on both sides.  Let cool and enjoy that deliciousness!

Some alteration suggestions- add turkey bacon/regular bacon, switch up the cheese, make it a panini if you have a panini press.





1 comment:

  1. Mmm u know how much I love grilled cheese because we share the obsession. I'm definitely tryin this bad boy out!! Minus tomato ;)

    ReplyDelete