Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Home sick with Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been sick with a yucky sinus infection for about a week now. So, to soothe my pain, I made some delicious chocolate chip cookies. I had this recipe from my very good friend Jamie, and I made them all throughout Christmas for friends and colleagues.  Everyone raved about them! So here it is-

Jamie's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box of vanilla instant pudding
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I love the Ghirardelli ones)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.  Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pudding with an electric mixer on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3.  Add flour and baking soda and mix well.
4.  Stir in chocolate chips.
5.  Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  (I line the cookie sheets with parchment paper- the cookies cook so nicely and so much less mess to clean!)
6.  Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
7.  Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet about 2-3 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.

I like to keep them a little softer so I only let them cool on the rack about 5-10 minutes and then put them in a container lined with parchment when they are still a little warm.

*Additions to these cookies are nuts or peanut butter chips.  I have been wanting to try it with raisins but haven't had the chance yet. Go crazy, they are your cookies! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment