Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dinner at The Octopus's Garden

Last night was girls night at The Octopus's Garden! I was able to go to dinner with two wonderful friends, and we had a feast!
First.. we started out with that yummy bread and delicious hummus! I wish they sold that hummus, or gave it away for free in a huge tub. It's probably good they don't because I would devour it all in one sitting. Then, it was on to apps.  We enjoyed the Seared Ahi Tuna and the Seasoned Calamari with Basil Marinara.  I was craving Tuna Tartar, but I guess that is a specialty designated to the summer months.  The seared ahi was perfect though, and the calamari was tasty.  I enjoyed it because it was not over fried and the taste of the squid really came through.  (if calamari isn't your thing... I apologize because you are missing out!) The basil marinara was also delicious! We all got soup and salad with the specials.  I had the New England chowder and caesar, and my one friend had the Manhattan and house salad.  The chowders are delicious, and the dressings on the salad are light enough that they don't fill you up!
Then, being it was fresh fish night, we all decided to sample something off the special menu. I wish I could say that we all had different things so there is more to report on, but the Louisiana Redfish looked so amazing that we all had to get it... and amazing it was.  The fish was cooked to perfection, light and flaky.  It was served with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and sweet Vidalia onions.  This dish was heavenly.  Then it was topped with lump crab meat, and finished off over a citrus risotto. I highly recommend it if you ever have the opportunity to go on fresh fish night!

Also, on Wednesday's there is live entertainment.  A wonderful duet of piano and singing.  They played "Fly Me To the Moon" by Frank Sinatra for our little group, and walk around taking requests all night.  Perfect.

I have also enjoyed the coconut shrimp, the salmon, the sesame tuna, and the lobster night at The Octopus's Garden.  It is a favorite place of mine! Plus, it is open year-round, so that helps when you want some great seafood in the off season.  And if you know me, you know I love a BYOB! This girl loves her wine! Girls night is going to become a more regular occurrence, so hopefully many more restaurants to report on in the upcoming months!

So round up the ladies, or grab a hot date, a few bottles of vino, and treat yourself!

Wine and fresh fish to all,
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment