Sunday, January 15, 2012

Giants Guacamole

Being a huge Giants fan, I wanted to make something really delicious to eat during the playoff game vs. Green Bay today! That way, if they play as the Giants sometimes play, I would have something to drown my sorrows in.  Also, since I am in withdrawal of sunshine and margaritas, I wanted to pretend like it was summer regardless of the 28 degrees outside. So I decided on one of my favorites... Guacamole! The recipe is really easy.

Giants Guacamole 



5 ripe avocados
3-4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
fresh cilantro, chopped
2 limes
Salt & Pepper

1. Mash avocados in a bowl. 



2.  Dice tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro.  Mix into the    avocado mixture. Utilize as much of the add-ins as you want. Guacamole is all about your personal flavor preference.  I love a little kick so I go a bit cilantro crazy.









3.  Once all of that is mixed, add the juice of 2 limes, salt and pepper to taste. Mix again. Serve with tortilla chips and your favorite Mexican cocktail! Enjoy! 



Some additional ideas for the guacamole: try roasting the tomatoes or the garlic for a different flavor.




1 comment:

  1. It looks so delicious!!! I'll try making it soon or better yet you make it for me!!

    ReplyDelete